Graduate Program Admission
Program Entry Deadlines
The School of Applied Sciences, Technology, and Education accepts applications year-round. You may begin course work and enter the graduate programs any semester. View the Utah State University Academic Calendar for semester times and deadlines.
Your application (including test results) must be completed no later than one month prior to the start of the semester in which you (the student) would like to begin taking courses. Students may apply for the program and take up to 12 credits as a "non-degree seeking" student while completing the application. If the courses are part of the approved program of study, these 12 credits may be applided to the degree. Meeting minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance into our graduate programs. To be considered for admission into the program, applicants must complete an application package through the School of Graduate Studies.
Admissions Application Package:
Complete the admissions application form and pay the application fee through the School of Graduate Studies website. The application package you submit to the School of Graduate Studies for department consideration will require:
- Three email addresses of individuals who will complete a letter of recommendation for you. Once you have completed the online application and paid the application fee, the School of Graduate Studies will send a link to a form via email to the e-mail addresses you have provided. Recommendation forms will be completed online and submitted electronically.
- Your official transcript(s) from each previously attended college and/or university, except USU. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college, with a minimum 3.0 GPA for the last 90 quarter or 60 semester credits earned, is required.
- A statement of purpose concerning why you would like to earn a graduate degree.
- A current resume or vita.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test score, required for MS degree applicants. MEd applicants may submitt a Miller Analogies Test (MAT) test score OR GRE score. A minimum score at or above the 40th percentile is required for admission into the program. You may contact USU Testing Services, if you desire to take your test in Logan. To find the closest testing center near you, visit the GRE or MAT websites.
To check the status of your application you may login with your ID and PIN on the School of Graduate Studies website. You can then open your application checklist and view its current status. If there is a date next to the application item required, the School of Graduate Studies has received it.
Additional questions concerning transfer credits, continuous registration fees, time limits, etc., may be answered under the Graduate General Regulations or under Graduate Degree Requirements in the General Catalog.