Career and Technical Master of Education Degree Program Courses
33 Total Credits Required: All course are available online.
Foundation Core Required Courses (15 credits, each course is 3 credits unless noted otherwise)
- ASTE/FCSE 6140 – Reading and Applying Research (Sp even)
- ASTE/TEE 6150 – Assessment and Evaluation (F odd)
- ASTE 6160 – Foundations of Adult Education (F even)
- TEE 6090 - Program Planning (Sp Odd, 2015)
- ASTE/FCSE 6300 TEE 6090 – Advanced Teaching Strategies (Sp odd, 2017)
- ASTE 6220 – Volunteer Programs and Partnerships (Su even)*
- ASTE/FCSE 6380 – Mentoring and Supervision (F odd)
- ASTE/FCSE 6320 – Classroom Management (F even)
- ASTE/TEE 6910 – Experimental Laboratory (F even)
ASTE/FCSE 6900 – Graduate Independent Study (1-4 credits, F, Sp, Su: online, a Graduate Independent Form must be submitted and approved)
ASTE 6350 – Safety and Risk Management (Su Odd)*
ASTE 6460 – Integrating CTE Curriculum with STEM (Sp odd)
ASTE 7500 – Diffusion of Innovations (Sp even)
This degree program requires 33 credits for completion; students should thoughtfully consider their area of emphasis and then along with their committee, select courses that reflect their emphasis area. Courses from other departments not listed above may be part of a program of study. This degree has been designed to be completed online, but with the approval of the advisory committee, students may take other online broadcast, or on campus courses. Additional fees or tuition may be applied.
ITLS 6205 – Computer Application Instruction and Training (F, Sp, Su)
Additional 6000 level and above online courses may be approved. Check for courses on online.usu.edu.
* These summer courses are taught in the first 7-week summer session, be sure to check the USU calendar for beginning and end dates.
**Additional Coursework (five more courses) required for administrative certificate
Program of Study
The Program of Study (PoS) constitutes a contract between the student, the committee, and the School of Graduate Studies regarding what courses a student will take for completion of his or her degree program requirements. Complete instructions can be found the School of Graduate Studies website. The Program of Study form is completed in DegreeWorks (a link on your myUSU page) and must be completed and submitted to the GPC (LaZell Allen), per the instructions prior to the end of the second semester.
Professional Degree Checklist
The Master's Plan C & Professional Degree Checklist (on the School of Graduate Studies website) should be reviewed as you begin your degree, and again when you near completion. This list will ensure your progression toward graduation.
Graduate Student General Information
Students enrolled in the CTE M.Ed. program should familiarize themselves with the Graduate General Regulations (course level approvals, grade/credit acceptability, continuous registration fees, leave of absence, etc.)