Career and Technical Education M.Ed. Program Admission
- Applicants will need to be accepted by the Utah State University School of Graduate Studies. Students who have met the following requirements will be eligible for acceptance into the degree program.
- A bachelor’s degree in a career and technical education or related program from an accredited institution.
- A 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits. Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended are required.
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the Miller Analogy Test (MAT) or score at or above the 40th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative components of the Graduate Record Exam(GRE). You may retake this exam multiple times, but you will not be accepted into the program until you score at or above the 40th percentile.
- Three letters of recommendation. The applicant provides email addresses of three individuals during the online application process. USU will contact these individuals for their recommendation.
To apply, visit the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) application website. Once accepted, you are a matriculated student and may register for courses. You may check the status of you application by contacting the School of Graduate Studies.
Program Entry Deadlines
You may begin course work and enter the program any semester. If you would like to begin as a fully matriculated (accepted into the program) student, plan to have your complete application (test scores, transcript, letters) submitted to the graduate school at least one month prior to your desired start. If you would like to enter the program as a non-matriculated student (which means you would like to start the program while completing your admission requirements), begin your application to the School of Graduate Studies, and while you are completing your admission requirements, the School of Applied Sciences, Technology and Education will allow you to take program courses (up to 12 credits). You must complete Step 1 (the online application) and Step 2 (pay the application fee) as outlined on the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) application website to be considered as a non-matriculated student. After completing Steps 1 and 2, contact LaZell Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org), the ASTE Graduate School Coordinator (GPC), and she will open registration to you as a non-matriculated student. All materials submitted as part of the application credentials become the property of the School of Graduate Studies and will not be copied or returned to the student. Check the status of your by using your Login ID and PIN you created to apply on the School of Graduate Studies website. You can then open your application checklist and view its current status.