Summer Private Pilot Course Offerings
The private pilot ground school and flight courses in Logan, Utah will be offered in the traditional 14-week summer semester. This longer semester will allow USU Aviation to accommodate more students during summer and allow students more time to complete their private pilot license.
We will also be offering the private pilot ground school and flight courses in Price, Utah and through USU Eastern over a 9-week period during the summer semester. Class sizes are limited so register now!
Course Information - Logan Campus
- AV 2330 Private Pilot Ground School (4 credits)— USU Logan Campus
- AV 2350 Private Pilot Certification (3 credits)—Logan-Cache Airport
Course Information - Price Campus
- AV 2330 Private Pilot Ground School (4 credits)—Price Airport
- AV 2350 Private Pilot Certification (3 credits)— Price Airport
COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS ARE IN EFFECT FOR ALL FLIGHT OPERATIONSFor more information, please see our COVID-19 Flight Operations Webpage here
- Admitted as a degree-seeking student to Utah State University (Aviation Technology – Professional Pilot Fixed Wing)
- 17 years of age by course completion date
- Read, speak, write and understand the English language
- Have original Birth Certification and U.S. government issue identification OR current passport
- Current FAA Medical and student pilot's license
- Logan Campus: May 4 – August 7, 2020
- Price Campus: June 8 – August 7, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- I will graduate from high school in June. Can I participate?
- No. Students must be able to fly each morning and attend ground school each afternoon. If you have not graduated yet, that is not possible.
- When do I need to start my FAA Medical?
- No later than March. We require that flight students have their medical in hand by the first day of class. If you do not, you will be dropped from the courses.
- What medical certificate should I get?
- We recommend you get a first class medical. Although you only need a third class medical to be a student pilot, we recommend getting a first class just so you know you can get it; most jobs will require a first class medical.
- How flexible is the contact time for the courses?
- It is not. Students must commit to flying during the 7-11 flight block Monday-Friday. Planes are reserved for summer program students. Attendance in ground school is also mandatory.
- What if I have a vacation planned during the semester?
- Don’t. Plan to spend these fourteen weeks in Logan attending ground school and flying each day. If you miss days, it is unlikely you will complete your private by the end of the semester.
- Are there helicopter classes available?
- Yes! Please contact an advisor for more information about the rotorcraft classes and how to register.
Kaylee Roholt Academic Advisor email@example.com