Welcome to the Utah State Aviation Jumpseat! This is where you will find the latest news and happenings in the program.
We are pleased to announce our new USU Aviation Jump seat, an ariel view of events and what is happening at the airport:
- April has brought better weather, which seems to be improving all the time as we approach summer. There have been a few cloudy days, and a few rainy days, but the atmosphere in the airport has been one of excitement as the end of the semester approaches bringing FAA written exams and Check rides.
- On Saturday the 22nd, we will have a presence at the South Valley Airport open house. Stop by if you are in the area.
- Also on Saturday the 22nd, is the Hangar Hop. Sponsored by the USU National Intercollegiate Flying Team (NIFA), this event was a huge success last year. It featured a live band playing swing music, and excellent décor. For more information, consult the fliers at the airport or on campus near aviation classrooms.
- April 24th-26th is the time to submit incomplete grade forms to Aaron Dyches for those who were not able to complete their flight courses. Aaron has sent messages in Talon with details, being that students will need to meet with him between 8:15 AM and 5:00 PM on these days. It’s a quick meeting and filling of paperwork, and usually lasts no more than five minutes. Be sure to get these done to experience as few delays in your training as possible.
- As mentioned above, final exams are coming up marking the end of the semester. The dates for the finals are from the 1st of May to the 5th. Go to http://catalog.usu.edu/content.php?catoid=12&navoid=6317to find the schedule. Study hard, and do well!
- May 6th is Graduation! This will mark the end of an era for some of you. Visit https://www.usu.edu/commencement/ for more information.
- We are expecting the ramp to be worked mid to the end of summer including in front of our hangars at KLGU airport. This might slow down some flying towards the end of the summer, be aware of this and as we get more information, we will share it with you.
Please refer to this page every month for news and updates in the program!