Graduate Program Admission
CTE M.Ed. applicants need to be engaged in or have experience teaching career and technical education subjects in secondary or post-secondary settings.
M.S. applicants are required to have a related bachelor's degree from an accredited college in agriculture, family and consumer sciences, or technology and engineering.
CTE Ph.D. applicants need to have a masters degree in an area related to career and technical education and a minimum of two years teaching experience in formal or nonformal settings.
Applications must completed and submitted to the School of Graduate Studies. Meeting the eligibility and minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance. Complete the admissions application form and pay the application fee through the School of Graduate Studies website. The application package you submit to the School of Graduate Studies for department consideration will require:
- Three email addresses of individuals who will complete a letter of recommendation for you. Once you have completed the online application and paid the application fee, the School of Graduate Studies will send a link to a form via email to the e-mail addresses you have provided. Recommendation forms will be completed online and submitted electronically.
- Your official transcript(s) from each previously attended college and/or university, except USU. Admission requires a minimum 3.0 GPA for the last 90 quarter or 60 semester credits earned.
- A statement of purpose concerning why you would like to earn a graduate degree.
- A current resume or vita.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test score for M.S. and Ph.D. degree applicants. M.Ed. applicants may submit a Miller Analogies Test (MAT) test score OR GRE score. A test score will not be required for admission into the M.Ed. program for the Summer and Fall 2020 semesters. A minimum score at or above the 40th percentile is required for admission. You may contact USU Testing Services, if you desire to take your test in Logan. To find the closest testing center near you, visit the GRE or MAT websites. Keep in mind it will take about two weeks for USU to receive your scores.
To check the status of your application you may login with your ID and PIN on the School of Graduate Studies website. You can then open your application checklist and view its current status. If there is a date next to the application item required, the School of Graduate Studies has received it.
Additional questions concerning transfer credits, continuous registration fees, time limits, etc., may be answered under the Graduate General Regulations or under Graduate Degree Requirements in the General Catalog. Application deadlines are noted on each degree webpage.